Opening in 2015, West of Wise Winery is a small batch winery located south of Petersburg, Illinois. They feature wines from Illinois-grown grapes and other select vineyards. Many of the grapes are from their family vineyard – Ratio Vineyard in Kilbourne, Illinois.
2016 Featured Wines
- True North – A dry medium to full-bodied red wine with spicy notes from the small clustered Norton varietal.
- Spring Lake – Made from Frontenac grapes, this semi-sweet garnet red wine has a cherry aroma and flavors of red berry, plum and hints of blackberry.
- Bottle Rock Red – A smooth, traditional Concord wine with just the right level of sweetness.
- Marin – A sweet blush from Catawba grapes, a native American grape with raspberry and a smooth finish.
- Weathervane White – A dry full-bodied white made from Chardonel grapes; hints of melon and citrus.
- Oaked Chardonel – All the wonderful characteristics of our dry chardonel with hints of oak and vanilla.
- Avalanche – made from the popular French-American hybrid, Seyval Blanc, this wine is a crisp, semi-dry white with the aroma of apricots, peaches and nectarines.
- Strike the Gold – This semi-sweet white is made from Traminette grapes, a hybrid of Gewurztraminer, with a fragrant floral aroma with honey and apricot flavors and some spicy characteristics from its parent.
- Jordan Creek – Light, sweet and refreshing wine made from Chardonel grapes. Has that crisp taste of the chardonel with a little something for the sweet wine lovers.