Nestled in a beautiful country setting, just outside the Quad Cities, Lavender Crest Winery offers a wonderful array of award winning wines, banquet facilities, delightful lunch menu, informative wine tours and tastings…all with “hometown” hospitality.
2016 Featured Wines
- MICHE SEPI – CABERNET – Named in honor of one of the Quad Cities Greatest natural resources, the Mississippi, this subtly “oaked” Cabernet juice from Chile
- RITT’S RESERVE – CHAMBOURCIN – This full-bodied Chambourcin wine has a terrific nutty, fruity, violet aroma with a nice velvety dark cherry flavor. This wine has been barrel-aged with a special blend of oak.
- CRIMSON – CABERNET/MERLOT – Full body red wine is a blend of our two most popular wines. Sixty percent Miche Sepi and forty percent Colona Red.
- COLONA RED – MERLOT – A dry to semi-dry crafted from Merlot juice from Chile should be served at room temperature with a juicy steak, prime rib, spicy pasta or pizza
- 1836 – PINOT NOIR – 1836 is a semi-dry wine created from Pinot Noir juice from Chile and should be served at room temperature with a juicy steak, prim rib, spicy pasta or pizza.
- RED VELVET – FOCH – A semi-sweet red wine made from locally grown Marechal Foch has a vibrant, deep purple color, with a light-medium structure and dark berry fruit characteristics. Can be served at room temperature or chilled.
- CHOCOLATE LOVE – FOCH – Blend of rich dark chocolate blended with Foch wine for a sensational taste that pairs well with many foods, especially raspberries and red cherries.
- SPICE –BLEND – This exotic mixture of several spices transforms a blend of several of our fine wines into the perfect libation for fall and winter enjoyment. Served cold or warm, Spice is a crowd pleaser to be enjoyed with a variety of foods.
- FOXY – CONCORD – Enjoy this delicious wine produced from Concord Grapes. The “foxy” wild grape flavor produces a young sweet red table wine that is light, fragrant, fresh and fruity. Especially delicious with light foods or desserts. Serve gently chilled to intensify its fruity flavor.
- COSMIC BOG – CRANBERRY – Maintaining the right balance between sweet and tart, this versatile wine made from pure cranberry juice is a perfect accompaniment to blue cheese, duck, turkey, and chocolate desserts.
- OUT OF THE BLUE – BLUEBERRY & BLACKBERRY – The deep, luxurious bluish/purple color of Out of the Blue tempts your senses and invites you to explore the wine further. Swirl a little in the glass and breathe deeply to enjoy the intense blueberry/blackberry experience that awaits you upon the first sip. Serve at room temperature with appetizers and desserts.
- JUBILEE – SOUR CHERRY – Reminiscent of biting in to a slice of your grandma’s cherry pie, this wonderful wine treats you to the heady aroma of red cherry. Not too sweet or too tart.
- CATCH OF THE DAY – CHARDONNAY – A dry white wine artistically crafted from Chardonnay . The “Catch” possesses a rich, round character highlighted by hints of vanilla and oak. Enjoy this crisp, fruity wine ever so slightly chilled with pasta and seafood.
- TRAMINETTE – TRAMINETTE – Semi-Sweet White Wine crafted from the Traminette Grape. This grape has a pronounced varietal character likened to Gewurztraminer. It has an elegant floral aroma and a wonderful spicy flavor. Pairs well with Asian, poultry and seafood dishes.
- COLONA WHITE – LA CRESCENT & GEWURZTRAMINER – Semi-sweet white wine crafted by Lavender Crest from Illinois grown La Crescent grapes. This wine possesses a fruity crisp flavor, with hints of tangerine and apricot. Similar to Riesling
- FAITHFUL FRIENDS – LA CRESCENT & GEWURZTRAMINER – A delicate semi-sweet white wine crafted especially for the Quad City Animal Welfare Center. A portion of the proceeds goes to support this worthy endeavor.
- MAJESTIC – VIGNOLES & LA CRESCENT – This semi-dry white wine made from Illinois Vignoles & La Crescent blend has a citrus aroma and flavor with a hint of pineapple and apricot. Serve this wine chilled with seafood, pork, and light dishes. Similar to Pinot Grigio.
- BEACHES – NIAGARA & LA CRESCENT – Best known perhaps as a juice grape – the white-skinned counterpart to Concord – Niagara is in fact a multi-use grape blended with La Crescent It makes a “heady, heavily-scented wine” with floral notes. This crowd pleaser is best served chilled to sip with friends and family
- SWEET TEMPTATION – ILLINOIS GOLDEN MUSCAT – With its distinct Golden Muscat aroma and flavor, You will not be able to resist this sweet dessert wine made from Golden Muscat and. Serve chilled. Similar to Moscato
- MARY’S BLUSH – LA CRESCENT-FOCH-ZINFANDEL – A touch of citrus and floral, complimented by peach and pear accents make this semi-sweet wine one to enjoy on all occasions. Made with La Crescent and Foch grapes, Enjoy this wine lightly chilled with mild cheeses, salads and desserts. Similar to White Zinfandel.
- TRIBUTE –ANNIVERSAY WINE – TRAMINETTE -A semi-sweet, white wine from Traminette grape. This wine celebrates the 10th anniversary of Lavender Crest Winery. It also honors out Armed Forces, Veterans with a portion of every sale helping to support the Honor Flights of the Quad Cities.
- ODDS & ENDS – WINEMAKER’S BLEND – A sweet wine blend based on the winemaker’s choice. It will be different every bottling. Always fun to compare.
- STONE GROWN – APPLE CIDER – This sweet apple wine is made from locally grown apples- STONE APPLE BARN-pressed into pure cider. Serve chilled for a taste lie a fresh, crisp, apple right off the tree.
Wine Freezes Lt. Blenders also available for tasting.